Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Rain



Rain. We have a love hate relationship.
Emotionally I love the rain. Physically I hate the rain. With weather change, mainly cold weather, my body shuts down. I miss school, sleep all day, and just so tired that I don't want to do anything.

My favorite thing about rain is the cold. Weird I know! I love to bundle up next to the fire, read a good book, and drink hot chocolate. I have always loved fall season, but my body just doesn't like it. Fall season always brings the best time of the years. Changing colors of trees, snow, holidays, and sports.

I first got sick in October, been ten years this year, and it's always my worst time for my body. I get cold, feverish (without an actual fever), tired, sluggish, and when I am sick, I have it longer than others. My body can always tell when it's going to rain a day or two before hand. My body becomes sore, sluggish, painful, and get headaches. My knees get achy, just like people with arthritis, and can always tell people when it's going to rain.
I have always loved to watch the rainfall, hear it on the rooftop, and feel the rain on my feet. 

I love the cold, but my body doesn't. My feet and hands turn purple, and become so cold, socks don't warm them up. I love to put my feet under peoples legs, or putting them in front of the fire. I always have more jackets on then anyone else. I bring blankets wherever I go, doesn't matter where I go.  

With school, gosh I have missed so much because of the weather. In high school, I would go for maybe 1 or 2 days a week, or miss the whole week. Luckily with college I only go two days a week, but my body doesn't want to listen. I have missed school, and luckily teachers are okay with it. The one thing I found hard to do, was telling people in my class why I missed. I don't like lying and I want people to know about POTS, but a lot of people don't understand. I tell people I'm like a lizard. My home hospital teacher in high school said that to me. "You're like a lizard. You have energy in the sun, and sluggish when it's cold." 

Does anyone else have a problem with rain? Do you love or hate it? I love just standing in the rain, and just stand there and listen. Rain always has a melody. 

What's your story with rain? 

No comments:

Post a Comment